Peace Corps is a camp, in that "life in a bubble" way not always in that "wow, this is so great, positive and energizing" way. Everything is a bit...off. And extreme. The highs and the lows are magnified. If Peace Corps had a TV series it would be something like "The Real World" meets "The Twilight Zone". My screwy episode...Life, In Bold Italics.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Internet Saga: Episode 2

So, I am reconnected. S-l-o-w-l-y. That is it happened slowly and it is slow. The silly chain of events went something like this: after dumping my fairly fast (96mb/sec) but inconsistent cable connection, I looked into options. First option: ADSL. Price: 39 leva. Speed: 256mb/sec. Second option: cable. Price: 40 leva. Speed: 64mb/sec. Hmmm...which to choose? Cable, of course! Why? Well, went to get ADSL, asked questions, the woman called her boss and asked him questions, forms were brought out...blah, blah, blah... and now, long story longer, I find out I need the MAYOR to sign the contract for me - not as a co-signer or as an employee verifier or as someone signing for the municipality, but to have the 1-year contract under HIS name. Didn't really feel comfortable doing that, so now I have slow, but reliable cable internet. Not having options is one thing - having non-options is something else entirely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home