Peace Corps is a camp, in that "life in a bubble" way not always in that "wow, this is so great, positive and energizing" way. Everything is a bit...off. And extreme. The highs and the lows are magnified. If Peace Corps had a TV series it would be something like "The Real World" meets "The Twilight Zone". My screwy episode...Life, In Bold Italics.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Saturday night

Home on a Saturday night. This doesn't bother me - in fact, given the local options and general social nature of other volunteers, it's rather nice.

What bothers me is that I have no water, my internet is being flaky and my electricity is flickering.

I suppose it's rustic and adventurous or something.

It just reminds me that I have a lot of control issues... problems being patient... anger issues.

As a friend says "abandonment called." I wouldn't know, I assume the phone is not working as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home