Peace Corps is a camp, in that "life in a bubble" way not always in that "wow, this is so great, positive and energizing" way. Everything is a bit...off. And extreme. The highs and the lows are magnified. If Peace Corps had a TV series it would be something like "The Real World" meets "The Twilight Zone". My screwy episode...Life, In Bold Italics.

Monday, January 10, 2005

You like me, you really like me!

So, I has one of those days - those days that make to you think "I can do this" - those days that make you think "hey, people notice". It wasn't really eventful. In fact, I can't think of a single conversation I had with a Bulgarian (oops!). Nothing happened at work, nothing happened when I came home. But, I chatted and connected with - in addition to my usual, and most cherished, cast of characters - people I had forgotten about, people I lost contact with, and people I never even realized were that aware of me. Just small connections really - playing off of one another, being asked for advice, someone I hadn't spoken to since I first arrived here asking how things were going (and knowing enough details to ask), people noting that they were actually reading this (really, I had no idea), being told by a New York friend that I was missed. I'm not going to complain or rant or tell a story - I'm just going to say we all need those days, we should each be so lucky to have them when we need them, and should be so generous to give them to others.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear about your budding readership. Perhaps your readers would be interested also in reading my client's less-well-known blog at www.parisloveshelen.com. I think you'll agree that the grit and wit match your bloggery tit for tat.

2:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home