Peace Corps is a camp, in that "life in a bubble" way not always in that "wow, this is so great, positive and energizing" way. Everything is a bit...off. And extreme. The highs and the lows are magnified. If Peace Corps had a TV series it would be something like "The Real World" meets "The Twilight Zone". My screwy episode...Life, In Bold Italics.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

So simple

I've begun to have a problem feeding myself. Seems my tummy doesn't like many carbs any more (well, it still likes sweets, but for whatever reason bread and potatoes are not so good). My palate can't take too many of the local meat options. Veggies are... ugh... such a pain sometimes. Find good ones, buy them, clean them, cook them, jazz them up somehow. It's a process. I'm not into processes. This leaves... not much.

I don't really care to eat. I do it because I have to. There is no joy in my consumption. This, as a bona fide foodie, saddens me greatly. I want a pill that can give me all the nutrients I need and make me feel full. It's not a dieting issue. It's a total lack of interest issue. I simply do. not. care.

What I really want is to walk out of my car, shut the door, walk across the parking lot and order a cheeseburger with fries. And a Cherry Coke, lots of ice. I want, not a boutique restaurant, but a truck stop. Roll up the sleeves. Dig in at the counter.

I am now officially one of those blogs that talks about what I eat. Super. Yesterday's entry used the word "organizational" four times. What a page-turner.

Will someone just shoot me? Seriously...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home